Emergency Tips - In Case of an Emergency
We recommend you look for your insurance information.
Once your property insurance documents are accessible for review, contact your insurance broker or insurer immediately. There may be coverage under your policy, meaning your insurance company will reimburse the cost of restoring your property damage.
For immediate assistance call (306)764-7000.
The faster you act, the more likely you will be to minimize damage and stress.
What can you do in the meantime...
- Locate the source of water escape and shut off the main water supply or call a company to clear sewer drains if they are clogged
- Make sure all drains are clear
- Remove any possessions in the path of the water.
- Do not utilize any electronic appliances
- Make sure ventilation system is off except when temperature is below freezing
- Open windows to ventilate if possible
- Do not use any electrical appliances or devices until they have been cleaned and checked
- Do not attempt to wash surfaces
- Do not consume food items exposed to fire or smoke
- Stay out of all impacted rooms until safety is assured
Have professional roofers remove loose debris and secure openings in the roof to minimize water entry
- Use all resources to find trained professionals to help
- Exercise patience as there are many others just like you in the same situation
VEHICLE IMPACT AND VANDALISM
- Evacuate affected areas and prohibit access
- Hire a professional to ensure property is stable before reentering